TEDxBend2019: The Vastness
Sat, Mar 30 at 12:30pm
- ASL interpreted
- On-line Ticket Sales will end at 5 PM March 29. Tickets will be available at the door on the day of the event if available.
- Wheelchair accessible seats availble
The gatekeeper at the razor edge of capaciousness and triviality is CHOICE. Lady choice stands guard over the fear, nervousness, and drive we deliver into our movements. Do we think big? Do we stay in the fields of comfort? Do we expect the grand? Do we make room for the impossible? Can little movements make massive change? Can the boundaries be pushed and the rules still apply? The magnitude of our ideas can be limited by many things but let it not be limited by the courage our community supplies. WE LIVE IN A COMMUNITY OF ENDLESS COURAGE. Courage is the jet fuel for exploration.
LET US ALL LIFT OFF INTO THE VASTNESS OF OUR COLLECTIVE POWER. Let us all believe in the enormity of many small actions. Let us all dare to leap into the vastness of our collective courage and let us all look back at our community to say “Look at how far we have come and how much there is yet to see!"
TEDxBend is driven by the idea of community involvement and inclusion. In 2019 we are filled with ideas. Our amazing speaker and performer program runs 12:30-6 ish at Bend Senior High on Saturday, March 30, 2019. Food will be served starting at 11am from local food carts if you want to come early. This day will be filled to the brim with ideas, speakers, performers, Technology, Entertainment, and Design. Our partnership with BendTicket has allowed us to offer the option to choose a seat when purchasing a ticket. This new feature supports our goal of community building and inclusivity by cutting down on lines and increasing the time to share and create. The main event is followed by the optional Idea Social after-party which is your chance to examine and explore all the ideas running amok in your head after a day full of vast concepts and emotions. This delightful post-event evening will offer food, libations, and the chance to keep the conversation going via interaction with presenters and one another! Venue TBD soon with more details forthcoming.
Note: Early Bird Tickets Ended Feb 1
- Premium $80
- General Admission $51
- Student $28
- Young Professionals Discount 10% any seat: For working professionals under 30. Must use code: YP2019
- Benefactor $250: Premium seats, a tax deductible donation, and a special gift bag, plus free admission to all other events throughout the year (TEDxBend Women, TEDxBend Youth, Salons)
- Partner Donation Amount Unlimited: Your gift supports the efforts of the 501(c)3 to bring ideas worth sharing to Central Oregon.
- Idea Social: Idea Social ticket must be purchased separately $50. (no early-bird pricing.) Hosted at the Mountain Room at Deschutes Brewery this fun, interactive party is limited to 200 people and provides food, drinks, a special gift, interaction with presenters and the TEDxBend team. Join Us!
TEDxBend is a 501(c)3 non-profit dedicated to ideas worth sharing. Sparked by the celebrated TED conferences worldwide, TEDxBend is our very own locally organized event featuring talks and performances under 18 minutes each. TEDxBend exists to connect emergent ideas with people, and people with each other to provoke change at an individual, local and global scale.